Prep 1 hr
Cook 4 hrs
I simply cannot get enough of chocolate and peanut butter.. If the only foods left on earth were chocolate & peanut butter, I could survive! These little balls of bliss may be somewhat labor intensive, but us Ohioans go gaga over these. Time includes prep and refrigeration time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamy peanut butter (I always use Jiff)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar (powdered)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (use only pure, not imitation)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening (or 1 butter flavored shortening stick)
- wax paper
- In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls, inserting 1 toothpick in top center.
- Refrigerate balls for at least 2 hours.
- Over low heat, melt shortening with chocolate chips until smooth.
- Dip each peanut butter ball into chocolate leaving small uncoated top area (resembling a buckeye).
- Cool on wax paper and refrigerate (or freeze) for additional 2 hours before serving.
These really are the best if you love chocoalte and peanut butter! When I make them I don't add nearly that much shortening to the chocolate. Everyone I give them to falls in love!!!