Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded use seasoning in recipee
- 1 jalapeno
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups cheese, shredded of choice
- 12 tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- to taste pepper or chili powder
- preheat oven to 400.
- mix chicken, 3/4 of onion, 1/2 cheese set aside.
- roast jalapeno in a pan.
- combine remaining onion, jalapeno, broth, sugar, pepper, garlic, cumin, vinegar, and oregano.
- heat butter in a pan and add flour till browned slightly.
- add puree and chili powder.
- cook until thickened.
- pour thin layer of sauce on bottom of 13x9 oven dish.
- fry tortillas in pan with olive oil.
- drain oil and dredge tortillas in remaining sauce.
- fill tortillas with chicken mix.
- set crease side down in oven dish with sauce.
- repeat till chicken mix gone.
- por remaining sauce over tortillas then add rest of cheese.
- bake about 10 minutes.
Although this recipe was a bit time consuming it was well worth it! DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!! If you are calorie conscious just skip dredging the tortillas through the olive oil and simply dredge them through the sauce! Really great recipe dudebro!