Recipe by Rakow
My boss said "make some granola"...So I did. I put in what I liked and this is the result. Ohh! Sweet Granola.
Top Review by HeidiSue
I made this today and am enjoying it as I type. I am making my way through several granola recipes to find the one I love the most. This is number two and while very good, I am still looking for something different. Thanks!
- 10 cups oats
- 2 cups chopped walnuts or 2 cups slivered almonds (or both)
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 cups raisins or 2 cups chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the oats, nuts, coconut, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the oil, honey and water.
- Toss until well combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes to keep the mixture from sticking.
- Let it cool.
- Then stir in the fruit or chocolate chips.
- Store in an air tight container.