Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
there are other o'henry bars but these are more fiber because of the added oatmeal and they are delish and worth a try Note bottom mixture will not look done when baked, but does when cooled ENJOY
- 4 cups uncooked oatmeal
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 ounces chocolate chips (or carob chips)
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter (or lowfat peanut butter)
- Mix all together by hand.
- bake in an ungreased 13X9 inch pan.
- Bake 350 for 15 Minutes.
- Melt the 6 oz chocolate chips and 2/3 creamy peanut butter in sauce pan over low. ( or double boiler).
- while warm spread over the cooled bars.