1/1 Photo of O'henry Bars
These are a Christmas staple in my house. I remember standing on a chair and making these with my mother when I was probably 5 or 6. They're easy, yummy, and keep well for an extended period of time. They also freeze well. Prep time is set up time, Cook time is how long it takes to get the mixture in the pan. (I live at high altitude, this will be slightly shorter at lower altitudes)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring syrup and sugar to just shy of a rolling boil.
- 2Remove from heat and add peanut butter.
- 3Stir until well blended.
- 4Pour over rice crispies and mix well.
- 5Pat into a 9x13 inch pan.
- 6Frost with melted chocolate and caramel chips that have been mixed together.
- 7Cool and cut.
- 8Tips: Put the rice crispies in a large pan (a canner?) that you have greased before adding the peanut butter mixture.
- 9Also put some butter on your fingers before patting the mixture into the cake pan.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for O'henry Bars
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.7
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 141.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: