Recipe by CookbookCarrie
These are a Christmas staple in my house. I remember standing on a chair and making these with my mother when I was probably 5 or 6. They're easy, yummy, and keep well for an extended period of time. They also freeze well. Prep time is set up time, Cook time is how long it takes to get the mixture in the pan. (I live at high altitude, this will be slightly shorter at lower altitudes)
Top Review by Jellyqueen
Great recipe. I can understand why these are a staple at Christmas time. So quick and easy, but yet very yummy. This will go on my Christmas list also. The only thing I did different was to frost with the chocolate and sprinkle Heath Bit o Brickle Bits on top instead of Caramel flavored bits. I just used what I had on hand.
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 (6 ounce) package caramel-flavored bits
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring syrup and sugar to just shy of a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter.
- Stir until well blended.
- Pour over rice crispies and mix well.
- Pat into a 9x13 inch pan.
- Frost with melted chocolate and caramel chips that have been mixed together.
- Cool and cut.
- Tips: Put the rice crispies in a large pan (a canner?) that you have greased before adding the peanut butter mixture.
- Also put some butter on your fingers before patting the mixture into the cake pan.