Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Remember these candy bars??? This is a copy/clone of the bar from the good ole days. Enjoy and remember!!!;-))
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 6 cups corn flakes
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- Mix Sugar and corn syrup together in a large pan on stove and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter.
- Pour cornflakes into a large bowl.
- Pour hot mixture over top and mix well.
- Press into a greased 8x8 pan.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave.
- Spread over cornflake mixture.
These are sooo tasty! I deviated slightly from the recipe because I only had creamy peanut butter. Afraid the cereal mixture might not be crunchy enough, I then reduced the peanut butter to 1-1/2 cups and added 1/2 c finely chopped peanuts. I also added 2 T peanut butter to the melted chocolate chips and after spreading sprinkled more chopped peanuts on top. These bars were a hit with the entire family.
These got rave reviews from my kids.
It is like a supercharged rice kris pies treat!