Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are quick and easy bars that taste somewhat like an O'Henry Chocolate Bar. My Granddaughters love them. Enjoy!
- 4 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Mix oatmeal, butter and sugars together and pat into a 10 X 15 (or you can use two 9 X 12 pans if necessary) jelly-roll pan.
- Bake@ 350° for 12 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together, using the microwave or stovetop.
- Frost hot bars.
- Cut into bars before completely cooled.
Tastes great. My family really enjoyed it. It is fairly easy to make but it is messy to eat. I found the oatmeal bottom doesn't stick together as much as I would like. I would also add 2 cups of chocolate chips to the topping.
This recipe was easy and fast and delicious. I made them for a small party at my husband's workplace and was hoping he would bring some home...but they were devoured. I used a little more chocolate chips in the frosting/topping. They came out of the pan easily too.