Recipe by Bonnie Young
These are quick and easy bars that taste somewhat like an O'Henry Chocolate Bar. My Granddaughters love them. Enjoy!
Top Review by pam13
Tastes great. My family really enjoyed it. It is fairly easy to make but it is messy to eat. I found the oatmeal bottom doesn't stick together as much as I would like. I would also add 2 cups of chocolate chips to the topping.
- 4 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oatmeal, butter and sugars together and pat into a 10 X 15 (or you can use two 9 X 12 pans if necessary) jelly-roll pan.
- Bake@ 350° for 12 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together, using the microwave or stovetop.
- Frost hot bars.
- Cut into bars before completely cooled.