Recipe by ladypit
There are a few other recipes for this bar on this site, but none are quite like this. My mom came to visit with this recipe that she had clipped from the Washington Post. Really really wonderful. I found them addicting, actually. So much so that I had to send the rest to my husband's work! We used peanut butter made from honey roasted peanuts, though regular works fine too. Cooking time is cooling time.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (18 ounce) jar creamy peanut butter
- 5 cups Special K cereal
- 1 (11 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9 by 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large pan over medium high heat mix the sugar and syrup. Bring to a boil then remove from the heat.
- Add the peanut butter and stir to combine. Add the cereal and stir well.
- Pat the mixture into the pan and let it sit until cool to room temperature.
- Melt the two types of chips together. Cool a bit and then spread over the top of the cereal mix.
- Cool in the fridge until set. Then set out at room temperature so they are easier to cut. Store in an airtight container.