Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
from Taste of Home, from their "I'd like that restaurant Recipe" section. The reader said her husband orders the fish in this restaurant just so he can have the tartar sauce that comes with it. This makes ton of sauce, so scale it down if you prefer.
- 4 cups mayonnaise (1 quart)
- 2 cups sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all ingredients well and chill until ready to serve.
- Store in an airtight container. Full recipe makes 1.5 quarts (6 cups).
I scaled the recipe down to 1/4 c. and it worked out really well. There was plenty of tartar sauce for 2 salmon fillets. I went easy on the pickle relish. I shredded the onion, rather than chopped it. My advice is to be sure to drain the pickle relish so as to end up with a thicker tartar sauce. Good recipe.