These are just the ingredients for the greatest bread pudding and banana foster sauce from Disney's Restaurant.
- I am not sure of the directions, the post on Disney's All Ears Website was taken down (they replaced it with cheesecake)and I only wrote down the ingredients for shopping. But if anyone knows them please post them!
- Here they are:.
- TO MAKE THE BREAD PUDDING:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease large baking dish with butter.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cut bread in 1/2-inch cubes. Add bread, pineapple, coconut, and raisins (if desired) to egg-and-milk mixture. Add bread custard mixture to the greased baking dish.
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes.
- MEANWHILE, MAKE THE BANANA FOSTERS SAUCE:.
- In a saucepan, combine dark brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, and half of the heavy cream. Using high heat; bring to a rolling boil. Allow mixture to boil 10 minutes.
- Add remaining heavy cream. Let it boil additional minute.
- Now add the rum and vanilla extract. Carefully flambe pan using a long stemmed lighter. Let boil until the flame goes out. Reduce to a simmer and stir with a high heat spatula.
- Peel and slice bananas; add them to the caramel sauce. Remove the caramel from the heat and set aside.
- TO SERVE:.
- Place scoop of ice cream on top of each portion of bread pudding. Top with bananas Foster sauce.
- Recipe note:.
- Make the sauce as bread pudding is baking to have both hot and ready to serve at the same time.
- Makes 6-8 servings.
- From: Disney's Polynesian Resort.