1/1 Photo of Ohana Bread Pudding With Bananas Foster Sauce
Chef Lindsay B's Note:
These are just the ingredients for the greatest bread pudding and banana foster sauce from Disney's Restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1I am not sure of the directions, the post on Disney's All Ears Website was taken down (they replaced it with cheesecake)and I only wrote down the ingredients for shopping. But if anyone knows them please post them!
- 2Here they are:.
- 3TO MAKE THE BREAD PUDDING:.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease large baking dish with butter.
- 5In large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- 6Cut bread in 1/2-inch cubes. Add bread, pineapple, coconut, and raisins (if desired) to egg-and-milk mixture. Add bread custard mixture to the greased baking dish.
- 7Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 8MEANWHILE, MAKE THE BANANA FOSTERS SAUCE:.
- 9In a saucepan, combine dark brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, and half of the heavy cream. Using high heat; bring to a rolling boil. Allow mixture to boil 10 minutes.
- 10Add remaining heavy cream. Let it boil additional minute.
- 11Now add the rum and vanilla extract. Carefully flambe pan using a long stemmed lighter. Let boil until the flame goes out. Reduce to a simmer and stir with a high heat spatula.
- 12Peel and slice bananas; add them to the caramel sauce. Remove the caramel from the heat and set aside.
- 13TO SERVE:.
- 14Place scoop of ice cream on top of each portion of bread pudding. Top with bananas Foster sauce.
- 15Recipe note:.
- 16Make the sauce as bread pudding is baking to have both hot and ready to serve at the same time.
- 17Makes 6-8 servings.
- 18From: Disney's Polynesian Resort.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ohana Bread Pudding With Bananas Foster Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1042 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2677.1
- Calories from Fat 589
- Total Fat 65.4 g
- Saturated Fat 36.0 g
- Cholesterol 393.2 mg
- Sodium 2825.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 429.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 164.1 g
- Protein 68.9 g