ATM 67's Note:
"OH WOW! That's a Friggin' Good Margarita" is what I often hear when I serve these. They are potent and will catch you unaware, if you're not careful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 liters of cheap tequila (divided)
- 750 ml triple sec (divided)
- 1 3/4 liters sweet and sour cocktail mix (divided) or 1 3/4 liters margarita mix (divided)
- 8 ounces orange juice (divided)
- 4 ounces Rose's lime juice (divided)
- 1 lime, juice of (divided)
- Rose's lime juice (for Garnish)
- kosher salt (for Garnish)
- lime, Wheels or Wedges (for Garnish)
- 1Make sure you are using cheap tequila. You will not taste it, so why pay for quality tequila? Save the good stuff for shots. Also, make sure your cocktail or margarita mix IS a high quality mix.
- 2In two (2) one gallon containers add equal amounts of each of the following: Tequila, Triple Sec, Margarita Mix, Orange Juice, Roses Lime Juice and fresh squeezed lime juice. I use milk jugs, so I can put on the lids and shake vigorously to mix.
- 3Shake vigorously and mix.
- 4At your preference, these can be made in advance and refrigerated. However, serving them warm, over ice will dilute the alcohol a little more and make it a little harder to detect.
- 5-- To garnish glasses --
- 6In a wide, flat bottomed bowl pour enough Rose's lime juice about 1/8 of an inch deep.
- 7In another wide, flat bottomed bowl pour about 1/2 an inch of kosher salt.
- 8Invert your glass into the lime juice, and wet the rim of the glass.
- 9Then invert your glass into the bowl of salt.
- 10Add ice, pour your margarita and finish with the lime wheel/wedge.
- 11** FOR A SINGLE MARGARITA ** 2 oz Tequila, 1 oz Triple Sec, 2 oz Mragarita Mix, ½ Tablespoon OJ (a splash), ½ teaspoon Roses Lime Juice (a half splash) and squeeze the juice from the lime you are going to use as a gernish. Rim with salt.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oh Wow! That's a Friggin' Good Margarita!
Serving Size: 1 (2909 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 25.6
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet and sour cocktail mix