Recipe by Sharon123
The title speaks for itself. All I can say is mmmmmm...mmmmmmmm. A typically Southern recipe.
Top Review by Leta
I know I'm going to have to stop giving five star reviews if I'm to be taken seriously...but this is [i]not[/i] the place to do it. This dessert was wonderful! [b]My dinner guests requested seconds![/b] It is very light, the flavors blend subtly, but it is sweet enough to please. I used cold butter, creamed it with the flour using my fingers (like a tart crust). It does crack when baked, but you don't know that when it's all put together. I made a lower fat, sugar free version using reduced fat cream cheese, lite cool whip and ff/sf pudding mix with 1% milk. The taste was not effected at all. I would definitely agree you need at least 12 oz of cool whip to get a good top layer.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant chocolate fudge pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
Directions See How It's Made
- First layer: mix well.
- Press into 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350* for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Second layer: Beat the cream cheese and sugar together (5 minutes).
- Fold in cool whip and spread on crust.
- Third layer: Beat milk and pudding mixes slowly; spread over second layer.
- Fourth layer: Top with remaining cool whip.
- Decorate with chopped nuts, shaved chocolate or cherries.
- Chill 24 hours.