1/2 Photos of Oh so Tasty...very Healthy...blueberry-Banana Bread
1 hr 10 mins
This is a soft, moist super delicious HEALTHY banana bread with the addition of antioxidant rich blueberries! Fantastic toasted in the morning or as an afternoon snack!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (I used almost 4 bananas)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat milk (you can substitute a "milk" of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (I left this out, since I didn't have it...it was just as good!)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh, dried or frozen!)
- 1/2 cup nuts (totally optional)
- 1First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with a mixer.
- 3Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4Add the bananas, milk, and vanilla.
- 5With mixer on low, add the flour, wheat germ, baking soda, and salt.
- 6Mix just until combined.
- 7Fold in blueberries.
- 8Place batter in greased loaf pan.
- 9Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes.
- 10Allow to cool ten minutes in the pan, then move to cooling rack.
- 11Cool Completely, slice and serve!
- 12*You could bake these in muffin tins with or without wheat germ sprinkled on top!
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oh so Tasty...very Healthy...blueberry-Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3062.4
- Calories from Fat 1321
- Total Fat 146.8 g
- Saturated Fat 68.6 g
- Cholesterol 673.5 mg
- Sodium 3753.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 402.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 45.2 g
- Sugars 189.8 g
- Protein 67.1 g