This is a soft, moist super delicious HEALTHY banana bread with the addition of antioxidant rich blueberries! Fantastic toasted in the morning or as an afternoon snack!
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (I used almost 4 bananas)
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat milk (you can substitute a "milk" of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (I left this out, since I didn't have it...it was just as good!)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh, dried or frozen!)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (totally optional)
- First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with a mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the bananas, milk, and vanilla.
- With mixer on low, add the flour, wheat germ, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix just until combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Place batter in greased loaf pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes.
- Allow to cool ten minutes in the pan, then move to cooling rack.
- Cool Completely, slice and serve!
- *You could bake these in muffin tins with or without wheat germ sprinkled on top!