Recipe by susan thomas 21
This little dish came about because I had a bowl of cooked rice in the fridge and didn't fancy what DH was eating. Was sooooo tasty. Next time I plan to add celery and possibly some herbs. The simplicity and speed appealed to me but the taste just knocked me out.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
I agree this dish is very tasty. I was using it for a side-dish so I adjusted some of the ingredients. I cut the bacon, mushrooms & spinach in 1/2 and increased the rice abit. I ended up cooked the bacon 1st so I didn't need any extra oil to cook the remaining items. I'm always looking for good recipes to use up left-over cooked rice from the night before & this is one of the keepers, thanks for sharing.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion
- 3 slices streaky bacon
- 8 mushrooms
- 125 g fresh spinach
- 1 cup cooked rice
- garlic powder, to taste
- 50 g freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and fry onions until translucent, add chopped bacon and fry until well done, add mushrooms until golden around the edges.
- Throw in the spinach, stir.
- Add thecooked rice and stir.
- Shake in enough garlic powder to taste.
- Stir well.
- Finally, sprinkle with parmesan.