Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another recipe from my mom's Gooseberry Patch Season's for Sharing. Plan to try this in the summer.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package white cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 3 ounces raspberry gelatin powder
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) containercommercial cream cheese frosting (I use Pillsbury)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, gelatin, and thawed raspberries; mix 3 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Spread batter in a greased and floured 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 325° oven for about 50 minutes or until a pick comes out clean; cool.
- Frost cooled cake, cut into squares and serve.
A really good cake, and easy to make, too. I also used 1/2 cup oil instead of the 2/3 cup and 1 1/2 oz gelatin as someone else mentioned - and the consistency was just right. It's also a particularly good-smelling cake - and such a pretty color!
Great cake!!! I made it with low sugar yellow cake mix by accident, SF jello and it came out delicious. My whole family loved it.
A definite keeper! I made this cake twice...once for my mom's 88th birthday and the next week for my son's 22nd (his request!). The second time I cut the oil back to 1/2 cup and only used 1/2 the amount of sugar-free jello. This seemed to make the cake less dense and more fluffy. I used a double batch of Recipe #6536 to frost the double layer cake. So different, and soooo yummy! MERP'd for My 3 Chefs 09.