1/2 Photos of Oh-So-Simple Chicken Pot Pie
cook from scratch's Note:
An unusual but oh-so-simple, pot pie. This is the only way my husband will eat a pot pie. He hates those recipes with a thick biscuit-y crust and this is thinner. It makes a nice gravy with the cream of celery soup and chicken broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I use Un-Boiled Chicken)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (I use homemade!)
- 15 ounces cream of celery soup (I use Gluten-Free "canned" Cream of Celery Soup T-R-L)
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, steamed in microwave
- 2 -3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup butter, sliced
- 1Put chicken in the bottom of baking dish.
- 2Mix broth, veggies, soup and pepper and pour over the chicken.
- 3Place boiled eggs on top of the soup.
- 4Mix flour, milk and mayonnaise and pour on top.
- 5Place sliced butter squared on top evenly over the flour mixture.
- 6Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oh-So-Simple Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.5
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 114.9 mg
- Sodium 1175.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 31.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: