Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is so easy to make but seems like you worked all day. My DD loves when i make this.... you can make it with ribs or chicken. Please give this recipe a try.... i promise you won't be sorry.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped (more or less to your own taste)
- 4 lbs baby back ribs (i use thighs) or 4 lbs chicken (i use thighs)
- Place ribs in a big pot of water - once it starts to boil, lower heat to a gentle boil for 45 minutes. Drain ribs and remove any fat.
- Place rest of ingredients in bowl and mix throughly. I use one or two gallon zip lock bags for easy clean up.
- Place ribs and sauce in bags to marinate in frig for as little as 2 hours or as long as 24 hours.
- You can do the same with chicken - Note: don't boil the chicken, just place raw in the sauce and marinate for the same time. When ready, place on the BBQ grill for finish product.
- For ribs - they are already cooked so just place on a hot BBQ for grilling flavor and add extra marinade while on the BBQ.
- For the chicken, since it's raw - cook accordingly for a BBQ. Marinate with leftover sauce while on the BBQ.
- These are truly finger lickin good.