Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I received this recipe from a friend who wanted me to pass it to my mother. I made the recipe and it was so good that my mother still hasn't seen the recipe. Kids love the change from the plain Rice Krispies cake.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (250 g) bag miniature marshmallows (about 4 cups)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 macintosh toffee bars (MacIntoch bars work well)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 0.5 (16 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- Melt first amount of butter and marshmallows in microwave for 2 minutes on high.
- Mix until mixture is well blended.
- Stir in vanilla and cereal until well coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Press warm marshmallow mixture in a large greased cake pan, (lasagna size pan works well). Cool.
- Melt the second amount of butter, toffee bars and condensed milk in microwave or over low heat on the stove, be careful not to burn.
- Spread toffee mixture over R.K.cake layer, then sprinkle with a layer of marshmallows. Cool.
- Top with another layer of a regular recipe of Rice Krispies cake. Cool.
Made your recipe last night. DELISH. My daughter has a Halloween party at he school on Friday and I will be taking this cake and decorating it like a Tombstone. By the way give the recipe to your mom if she has any more daughters they might like it also.
Just found your recipe today, and while I haven't made it yet (but will VERY soon!), I just HAD to give it 5 stars because it sounds just super! Thanks!