1/3 Photos of Oh-So-Good Homemade Tortilla Chips
These are way-way better than anything you can buy. And so easy, the kids can do it. Let them, it'll be loads of fun! Get the cookie cutters out, and let the fun begin. Or use the pizza cutter--and it's done lickety-split! PLUS--no mess to clean up, because everything goes in the oven! Even the schnitzels from between the cookie cut-outs! See, I told you this was Oh-So-Good!
My Private Note
large h ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 or 375.
- 2Lay the tortillas on the counter top, side by side, very close together.
- 3Spray 'tillas generously with the oil spritzer; sprinkle with optional salt.
- 4If using the pizza cutter AND in a hurry, stack 'tillas in piles of 3 or 5 and slice up quickly into triangles (make five to six cuts to get uniform sizes).
- 5If using cookie cutters, don't pile up the tortillas--it's too thick and aggravating!
- 6Lay the "chips" on the cookie sheets and pop them into the oven---bake ONLY until a very light brown.
- 7Cool slightly and THEN--dive in!
- 8You might as well double the recipe, because you're going to wish you did as soon as you take your first bite!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oh-So-Good Homemade Tortilla Chips
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.4
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 445.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 5.8 g