Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is wonderful! It's a great side dish and goes nearly with everything! It's so amazing and can be used as a main dish!If you don't have one of the kinds of beans listed, just toss in what you have, or just leave it out. Great little recipe for pot lucks, picnics and get togethers.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn, drained
- In a large skillet, cook beef, bacon and onion until meat is done and onion is tender. Drain any fat. Combine all ingredients except the beans and corn.
- Add to meat mixture; mix well.
- Stir in the beans and the corn.
- Place in a greased 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- Bake, covered, at 350°F for 1 hour or until heated through.
Yummy ! These were really good !
Delicious! This is a great one pot meal! I did change to 4 servings, but still used 1/2 lb very lean ground sirloin. Thank you Luvie! I'll be making this again! Made for KK Chefs Pick Tag
Made for KK's Chefs Picks Tag Event. Oh my goodness, these are really great beans, with just the perfect flavor. Not to sweet, not to spicy, and ohhhh so yummy. Thank you so much Fluff LMK for this fantastic recipe.