Recipe by MaxBetta
This is a recipe for "the wine of the south", otherwise known as sweetened iced tea or "Sweet tea." Forget about waiting for a pot of water to boil, and then waiting for the tea to steep. It doesn't get any easier than this.
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill you're 10-12 cup coffee maker's pitcher with water and pour it in the machine.
- Tear open 2 family size tea bags and put the tea in a coffee filter in your coffee machine's basket.
- Turn on the machine and let it do all the work!
- When all the tea has brewed, pour it into a 2-quart pitcher. Add the pinch of baking soda(to cut down on any bitterness) and the cup of sugar and stir until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Cover and chill in the fridge or serve immediately in glasses filled with ice. Make sure there's a little plate of lemon slices available for anyone who prefers lemon in their tea.
- You can make this with decaf tea, but it won't taste as good. Trust me, I've done it.
- The baking soda may sound strange, but don't leave it out. It cuts down on the bitterness of the tea, making it more smooth.