Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is too yummy for words. It's okay to eat after 3 days In the frig, but 4 is better.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) boxduncan hines white cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 24 ounces frozen coconut
- 16 ounces sour cream (not low fat)
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 2 cups sugar
- Mix the cake mix according to directions on box. Bake in 2 cake layers and cool; split into 4 layers.
- Mix 2 packages fresh frozen coconut with the sour cream and sugar. Set aside 1/2 c of this mixture for later use.
- Spread the rest between layers. Now mix the 1/2 c mixture with the whipped topping; spread on top and sides. Refrigerate 3-4 days in an airtight container before cutting. Leave at least 3 days, 4 is better. Very moist.
- Note: For a prettier presentation, toast about 1/2 cup of the coconut and sprinkle over top and/or sides.
Made this cake for a potluck and got rave, rave, rave reviews. One of the best cakes I've ever made and eaten. Thanks.