Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The perfect accompaniment to a laid-back crock-pot or barbecue grill meal--loaded with fruit, sweet crunchy nuts, a hint of maple, and the freshness of lemon! *Created for RSC #10*
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 apple, cored, diced
- 1 orange, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunk, bite-size
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄8 cup maple syrup
- In a large serving bowl, add fruit in order given.
- Sprinkle lemon zest over fruit; stir all.
- Drizzle syrup over everything, stir again.
- How easy was THAT?.
- VARIATIONS: Figure one fruit per serving (5 fruits = five servings), so try some others--mango or peach chunks, pitted sweet cherries, hulled strawberries, grapes, ripe raspberries or blueberries---do NOT add too many different fruits or the flavors sort of turn to an indefinable "mush"---double up instead.
- SUBSTITUTIONS: Honey=syrup; orange zest=lemon.
- IDEA: try it warmed up in the microwave OR serve warm over puff pancakes or waffles.
This was one of my DH favorite contest recipes so 5 stars. The salad was very sweet, but very tasty too. We had it as a dessert after a meal of RSC pork chops and it hit the spot. The maple flavor really came through. I thought this would be a good fit for a brunch fruit salad and really shine. I used canned pineapple tidbits (well drained) instead of fresh, but otherwise made no changes. I made this while doing meal prep and chilled until time for dessert. I had included the banana and they turned to mush before serving. In the future I would slice and stir those in right before serving. The pecans were a welcome crunch in the salad. Well done! Thank you for your RSc #10 entry!
This fruit salad sure was quick! I enjoyed this as part of my breakfast. I enjoyed the taste of the "glaze", with the sweet maple/lemon flavour. However, with this sweetness and the large amount of raisins, I found it almost too sweet. There were too many raisins for my liking, and I would personally enjoy a lesser amount. The pecan halves did give great crunch to this salad. Good luck in RSC #10!
This was easy,fast and wonderful,YOU MAY BE THE ONE.I liked the variations that you listed.I chopped my pecans instead of halves,but that was for my taste.Best wishes for the contest.