Recipe by PSU Lioness
I found this in the Gooseberry Patch Best-Ever Casseroles cookbook. The author says that you can also use red snapper or orange roughy in place of cod, if you desire. (Submitted by Athena Colegrove or Big Springs, TX)
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lb cod fish fillet
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a medium bowl, mix spinach, 1/2 c cheese, 5 Tbsp bread crumbs and egg.
- Spread the mixture into a lightly greased 11x7" baking pan.
- Arrange cod fillets on top of spinach mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with remaining bread crumbs and cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.