Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is so good- tasting, not for you! Oh my. It's well worth making. You've got to try this! Submitted for RSC #7.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups sugar (or 1 cup splenda, 1 cup sugar)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1⁄2 cup cleaned sliced strawberry
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat gently and stir constantly milk, sugar, eggs, and pistachios.
- After 1/2 hour, when it starts to thicken, add strawberries. If you turn down the heat, you can stop stirring constantly, but still stir once in a while.
- Add yogurt, vanilla, and tahini. Stir some more.
- When it looks about the right consistency, add the chocolate, stirring briskly.
- Remove from the heat.
- Put in individual serving cups and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If you can't wait that long, it is good right from the pot.
Oh man is this ever a tasty treat! I made this as directed and actually waited until it was cool before I tasted it. This easily serves 8 because it is so rich tasting. I think that it would have been better without so many nuts and I will only use about 1/2 a cup next time. I will also crush them too. I think this would also taste great in a pie. Thanks for sharing this and good luck!
very nice. worth the time.