Recipe by Abbey212
Yeah you're thinking, tuna noodle casserole how good can it be? Well this recipe is amazing. It sure took me by surprise. Plus its easy to make!
Top Review by lws
I didn't have all the ingredients I wanted so I improvised. I used this basic recipe with the following changes and both my husband and I loved this. We are definitely going to make it again.
Changed 1/4 c. onions to 1/2 c.
Used fat free milk.
Used light mayo.
Didn't have any mushrooms so I didn't use them. Would have if I had them.
Added 1/4 t. cayenne.
Added 3/4 SMALL can of green chiles
Used whole wheat bread crumbs and sauteed them quickly in 1 T. of Smart Balance Heart Healthy Light spread.
Loved the recipe and thanks for sharing it. Also, if I had had some frozen peas or green pepper I would have added one of them. I was just out of a lot of things.
- 8 ounces noodles (cooked and drained)
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna (can use 1 if desired)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (tossed with 1 tbsp melted butter)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook noodles as directed on package.
- In one bowl combine onion, mushrooms and tuna, mix well.
- In another bowl combine condensed soup, milk, mayonnaise and spices, wisk together until combined.
- Pour the soup mix, noodles and tuna mix together and combine all very well.
- Pour mixture into a 2 quart buttered baking dish, top with buttered breadcrumbs and bake on 350°F for about 30 minutes.