Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
this is the creamiest yummiest pureed sweet potato you have ever eaten. you will need a blender/beater/food processor of some sort to make it.
- peel and chop potatoes.
- add to pot of boiling water.
- cook the potatoes till they are over cooked and really soft -- (about 35-45min).
- strain the potatoes.
- return the potatoes to the pot (if using blender then add the potatoes to the blender).
- heat cream and butter in a large mug in the microwave for 60 seconds (watch the mug to make sure it doesn't over boil.
- pour the cream mixture over the potatoes
- beat till smooth (10min) -- if using a blender you may need to stir the mixture half way threw.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
I though for sure these would be a hit as we do like sweet potatoes. I thought they were very good - smooth and silky, almost like a mousse - they might work well in a terrine as well. Mr Grumpy took one bite and - well, I won't say anything more. I would use this technique again - so simple - but need to stop short and leave some lumps or something for Mr Grumpy!!!
I used 500 grams of raw sweet potato flesh and followed through with a 2 serve of the recipe and it was adequate for 3 of us with other sides and was greatly enjoyed, thank you Maya's Mama, made for I Recommended and on loof's recommendation.
Lovely creamy sweet potatoes! I used a hand-held mixer and the potatoes were smooth with a wonderful texture. Thanks for sharing the recipe!