4 hrs 30 mins
Chef C.H.'s Note:
We recently went to the Gaylord Texan Hotel over Christmas and had a slice of heaven in the form of a key lime pie delivered to our room. It wasn't to tart or to sweet and was oh so creamy. I was trying to recreate it for my DH birthday and hopefully got pretty close. He liked it - asked me to put some back so it wasn't totally eaten up by the family :). I also made some key lime sauce from debloves2cook Key Lime Sauce and put it on the plate as part of the presentation. Gave each plate a great look as well as a little lime kick. Cook time is refridgeration time. See the bottom of the instructions for a gluten free pie crust variation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3Combine all the ingredients and then press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9" glass pie plate.
- 4Bake for 8 minutes or until golden.
- 5Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- 6Turn the oven down to 300.
- 7*~OR Use a store bought deep dish graham cracker crust~*.
- 9Meanwhile, whisk cream cheese, condensed milk, egg yolks and lime juice to combine.
- 10In a seperate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks begin to form. (When you lift up the beaters, the peaks should hold and still look glossy).
- 11Fold into the cream cheese/lime mixture until just combined. Don't over mix - this is what gives the pie it's fluffy texture.
- 12Pour into the cooled pie crust and bake for 25 minutes or until set. Pie will be solid with just a little wiggle in the middle when moved.
- 13Remove from oven. Cool and refridgerate until firm, at least 4 hours.
- 14TO SERVE:
- 15Garnish with whipped cream or cool whip and a little key lime sauce from debloves2cook Key Lime Sauce.
- 16GF VARIATION:
- 17Mix 1 1/2 cups crushed gluten free chocolate chex and 5 tablespoons melted butter for the crust (Don't need to add any extra sugar because the chex is already sweetened.)
- 18Continue with directions above.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oh so Creamy and Fluffy Key Lime Pie
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 646.2
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 192.0 mg
- Sodium 397.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 71.7 g
- Protein 14.6 g