Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I read an article in the paper which stated that broccoli contains a chemical which kills on contact that bacteria which causes stomach ulcers. I don't care for broccoli, but that is too good a situation to pass up. So I devised this to cover up the flavor and render that ugly vegetable palatable. It worked better than I anticipated. It's really rather good. Give it a try!
- 1 lb broccoli floret, enough for two
- 2 ounces lightly toasted slivered almonds
- 1 package knorrs fat free hollandaise mix (use Smart Blend butter substitute in the mix--great flavor and it's good for you)
- 1 cup sliced sauteed mushroom
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
- Prepare the Hollandaise mix per directions on the package.
- Add almonds, Sherry, mushrooms.
- Heat through, stirring constantly.
- Nuke or steam the broccoli until just crisp tender, as if it were stir fried.
- Plate up the broccoli and ladle the sauce generously over it.
- Be free handed!
Nice, something different. I'm not a broccoli lover either, but with this recipe it makes it easier to eat. Thanks!!
Forget the fat-free stuff! This is delicious made with real butter and regular Hollandaise sauce mix (I find that Knorr has a better flavor than McCormick). My kids - ages 1 - 5, loved it, and my mother-in-law asked for the recipe!
I have had this in my cookbook for ages now, but could never find fat-free hollandaise mix anywhere. Finaly settled on the regular one. I did use unsaturated very soft margarine. I just used the sauce on the broccoli and none of the other stuff. My DH is so picky. He had to try a small piece of broccoli with sauce first before he would let me put the sauce on all of it. He actually like it, said very good. He loves broccoli but only has butter and salt on it. This is a first for him. Maybe next time I will try with the mushrooms. Thanks for the great recipe.