Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The BEST guilty pleasure, loosen your belt, stuff your face, potatoes you'll ever eat. Outstanding with ham or pork tenderloin, but nicely compliment fish, beef or chicken dishes as well and once you have them you'll want them again & again. I got this from Aunt Ginger, and it's one you'll pass down too. They make GREAT fried hash browns the next day.
- Preheat 350°F.
- In a medium bowl mix butter, soup and sour cream until smooth.
- Stir in onions and cheese.
- In a large bowl combine POTATOES with wet mixture.
- Pour into ungreased casserole dish.
- Bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- *CHECK POTATOES-IF NOT DONE RETURN TO 350°F UNTIL TENDER*.
- Remove from oven and increase temperatrure to 400°F.
- Sprinkle crushed corn flake cereal on top of casserole.
- Return to over for 10 to 20 minutes or until topping is golden brown.