Couldn't get on Food.com and needed my recipe for my girls to make and enter in our county fair. Hit the internet and found this AMAZING cookie! It is adapted from the Magnolia Bakery Cookbook and is the BEST peanut butter cookie I have ever had...and I'm not a huge fan of them in the first place. Hope you like them as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter, at room temperature (calls for smooth, but you can use chunky if you prefer)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2-1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, beat the butter and the peanut butter together until fluffy.
- 4Add both sugars and beat until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- 5Add the egg and beat well.
- 6Add the milk and vanilla extract.
- 7Once that is mixed well, start adding the flour mixture slowly and beat well.
- 8Stir in the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- 9Put the 2 Tablespoons white sugar in a bowl.
- 10Drop cookie dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into the sugar. (I use a scoop and then roll it to make round) rolling to coat.
- 11Place on ungreased cookie sheets leaving several inches between for expansion.
- 12Using a fork, lightly indent top w/criss-cross pattern being careful not to overly flatten cookies.
- 13Bake for 10-12 minutes.do not overbake. Cookies may appear to be underdone, but they are not.
- 14Remove and let sit on cookie sheets for 1 minute. (they will fall apart if you don't).
- 15Remove to a rack and cool completely.
- 16Store in airtight container if there are any left! Ü.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oh My! (Heavy Sigh) Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.4
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 45.7 mg
- Sodium 326.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 42.0 g
- Protein 10.7 g