Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I was looking for something different for a roast beef I wanted to cook on the rotisserie, so I put together flavours we love. This started to make the house smell really good about 30 minutes into cooking, and it was a looooong wait for supper. The measurements are approximate, because I didn't measure as I was mixing it.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) beef roast (I use sirloin tip)
- 1 tablespoon approx horseradish
- 1 tablespoon approx minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon approx Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons approx HP steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon approx brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup approx tomato juice
- Mix all of the basting sauce ingredients together.
- Put roast on spit (or in a roasting pan, if you'd rather).
- Baste roast with about 1/4 of the sauce.
- Repeat as needed every 30 mins or so.
- Cooking time depends on size of roast and temp of oven/ rotisserie.