1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 lbs chicken parts (best to buy chicken leg quarters)
- plain bottled Italian salad dressing (as needed)
- Italian breadcrumbs (with cheese)
- 1Skin chicken using paper towels to grab chicken skin so it won't slip when pulling it off.
- 2Cut chicken into individual parts.
- 3Use two bowls big enough to hold a chicken part.
- 4Half fill one with dressing, and the other with bread crumbs.
- 5Use as many oven baking pans as you need.
- 6Cover with aluminum foil, then spray foil with non-stick cooking spray, or coat with oil.
- 7When coating the chicken, use this method to avoid a mess:
- 8Grab a chicken part with your LEFT HAND, and place it in the bowl with the dressing in it, then coat the chicken with the dressing.
- 9Then again with your LEFT HAND, grab the chicken and shake the excess oil off of it, and place it in the bread crumbs bowl, using the same LEFT HAND.
- 10In the bread crumb bowl:
- 11Grab a small amount of crumbs with your clean RIGHT HAND and sprinkle them on top of the chicken, then again with your RIGHT HAND, press the crumbs into the chicken, then flip back and fourth while pressing the crumbs into the chicken.
- 12With your RIGHT HAND again, place the chicken into the baking pan, making sure that each piece of chicken doesn't touch each other, or the sides of the pan.
- 13You do this to permit even browning on all sides of the chicken.
- 14Repeat exact procedure with each chicken part.
- 15Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, then check next to bone for doneness.
- 16Be prepared for marvelous chicken like you never tasted before.
- 17NOTE: Skinning the chicken is not necessary, but if you don't eat the skin, it is recommended.
- 18If you remove the skin just before eating the chicken, then you remove the delicious Italian bread crumbs, and the cheese taste.
- 19Here in New Orleans at Kmart, the large bottles of dressings go on sale for$1 each, and I stock up.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oh my Gawd absolute best oven fried chicken
Serving Size: 1 (500 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1196.4
- Calories from Fat 612
- Total Fat 68.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 440.5 mg
- Sodium 410.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 136.6 g