Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An effortless preparation this dish will impress! Enjoy this savory taste sensation. Can be made with salmon, tuna, boneless chicken breast should be baked at 400 cooked to a temperature of 165 degrees F about 15-20 minutes, tofu even veggies like eggplant and zucchini slices...... Cod is a dense, flaky white flesh that is low in fat, so give it a taste!
- 20 ounces cod fish fillets (4 pieces defrosted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 bulb roasted garlic, removed from skin and mashed
- 4 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- Rub oil all over fillets.
- Place in greased baking dish.
- Combine, thyme, parsley, paprika, lemon zest, salt, pepper, olive oil, brown sugar and garlic.
- Place mixture on top of fillets.
- Sprinkle panko over cod.
- Leave at room temperature while the oven preheats to 450 degrees.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cod flakes easily when tested with a fork. Or until until the fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Serve with lemon wedges.
This was amazing! It's one of few recipes where the first bite makes you say, "Ummhmm!" out loud! Thanks for sharing it Rita! It's a keeper!
Very very good! I cut the recipe down for just the two of us and added a little cayenne pepper for a little kick to the topping ingredients and this was delicious. Served with Healthy Fries#176599 and a green salad. Definately a keeper. Made for the Zaar Alphabet Soup tag game.
Sounded good. Way too salty for me. I did leave out the parsley as I didn't have any. Maybe that is what it needed.