1/5 Photos of Oh Meatballs!, Oh Meatloaf!
This recipe can be made as a meatloaf or meatballs and is from Bird's dear old dad. with a secret ingredient (soy sauce) that no one will even taste or believe is in the recipe. The blending process is against traditional methods of lightly mixing the meat but what do experts know?, they said eggs were bad for us at one time, lol. My dad's method makes this the most tender, moist and delicious meatballs or meatloaf you will ever eat. The ketchup topping is simple, and the oven thickens it and makes a tangy sauce that there is never enough of as everyone is always wanting extra. The meatballs freeze well for leftovers or OAMC. You can just pull out any number of frozen meatballs for use in later dishes such as with a Bechamel sauce for an easy Swedish Meatball appetizer, or for spaghetti, or Meatball Parmesan hoagies, or...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F Place ground beef into a large bowl and sprinkle with soy sauce, spreading around the meat. Turn meat over to coat.
- 2Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly using your hands. Start by keeping hands open wide, then close down as you reach into meat, squishing and turning with your wrists. Continue till mixed well until meat is 'stringy' (this is non-traditional as most chef's tell you not to overmix).
- 3MEATBALLS: Shape into small 1" balls and place on a baking sheet 1/2" apart. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- 4MEATLOAF: Place meatloaf into a loaf pan or 8x8 baking dish. Pour ketchup over top. Bake for 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oh Meatballs!, Oh Meatloaf!
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.3
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 173.3 mg
- Sodium 1855.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 34.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: