Recipe by Sharlene~W
Crispy, chewy and chocolaty--kind of like the candy bar it is named after. Quick and easy--one kids like to make.
- 1⁄2 cup white Karo
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (9 ounce) jar peanut butter
- 3 -4 cups crispy rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter 9 x 13-inch pan.
- In large saucepan, melt syrup and sugar together until it bubbles.
- Add peanut butter and heat again until mixture bubbles.
- Remove from heat and stir in rice cereal (Alternately, use large glass bowl in microwave).
- Spread in buttered pan.
- In small bowl, melt chips together (the microwave works great, but watch closely and stir often).
- Spread over top of cereal mixture.
- Chill completely and cut into bars.