Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw this recipe this morning on the www.sparkrecipes.com website and I just LOVED the story that was associated with it so I had to post it! "Submitted by TANGO5617 - This was my great-grandfather's favorite salad. He didn't like lettuce, so when he saw this salad coming out, he always said, "Oh boy, salad!" thus the name." What a simple, and according to the reviews that are posted on the site, a yummy recipe! :-)
- 1 cup tomatoes (chopped or sliced)
- 1 cup cucumber (peeled, pared, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dill weed, dried
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- Using equal proportions of tomato and cucumber, chop everything up into small bits.
- Sprinkle with dill, or any seasoning of your choice.
- Add a spoonful of light mayo and stir until everything is well mixed. You can also use ranch dressing if you prefer.
- Serve immediately, or after chilling. It generally lasts a few days in the refrigerator, so it can be made ahead of time. Enjoy!
Easy and so delicious! I enjoyed this for lunch. Thanks!