Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
And from my own background after posting all those other Native American Recipes.. Tuscarora
- 1 medium yellow squash, diced
- 4 shallots, chopped (with tops)
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (real, not imitation)
- 5 cucumbers, 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the squash, shallots, water and syrup into a large soup pot and simmer for 40 minutes, until the squash is tender.
- Add the cucumbers.
- Pour everything into a large mixing bowl and "mash" until it forms a thick, creamy paste.
- Pour the paste back into the soup pot, season with salt and pepper, and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Time in the Time to make is a guess.