Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have never tried these but just love the novelty of having this recipe, so I thought I would pass it on to a braver soul then myself!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon walnut extract (optional, 1 oz of finely ground herbal medicine)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- If there is not enough liquid to mix all the ingredients after 5 minutes of stirring, add a tiny amount of milk to aid in mixing of remaining ingredients.
- Taste batter before cooking and adjust amount of sugar to your liking.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes, depending on how large you made your cookies.
- Can be cooked for a shorter time for chewier cookies, or longer for a drier, crisp cookies.
These were ok - nothing really outstanding but then I left out the "medicinal herbs" The cookies were moist but they kept falling apart.