Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 (18 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting (you can use chocolate frosting)
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 12 Oreo cookies, finely chopped
- Mix cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer at low speed until moistened.
- Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove from pans.
- Cool completely.
- Mix frosting, coconut, pecans and caramel topping.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread with half the frosting mixture. Top with 1/2 cup chopped cookies, pressing gently into frosting.
- Top with remaining cake layer; spread top with remaining frosting mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining chopped cookies, pressing gently into frosting.