My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting (you can use chocolate frosting)
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 12 Oreo cookies, finely chopped
- 1Mix cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer at low speed until moistened.
- 2Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- 3Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- 4Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- 5Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove from pans.
- 6Cool completely.
- 7Mix frosting, coconut, pecans and caramel topping.
- 8Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread with half the frosting mixture. Top with 1/2 cup chopped cookies, pressing gently into frosting.
- 9Top with remaining cake layer; spread top with remaining frosting mixture.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining chopped cookies, pressing gently into frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Off the Wall German Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.1
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 539.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 51.9 g
- Protein 4.8 g