Ok ... so the celery and the garlic came from the frig, but the rest of the ingredients came off the pantry shelf.
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans (do NOT drain)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans (do NOT drain)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can whole corn (do NOT drain)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- Add all the ingredients to a large pot and simmer uncovered, stirring from time to time for 1/2 hour or until the celery gets soft and mixture starts to thicken.
So delicious and easy!! I had lunch for a week and was still able to share some with a friend. Thanks for a great recipe!
i was looking for a vegetarian version without pasta or anything so i really liked this one. Now i go and search for some mexican bread to go with it :-)