Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
OK .. a couple of the ingredients are fresh, but this is a very quick and tasty salad for a pot luck.
- 1 lb dry pasta (I used Radiatone)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Wishbone Italian dressing
- Cook pasta according to package instruction, and drain.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and allow to cool in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Stir, and serve.
I have to admit, I didn't make this myself-the chef himself, Bill Hilbrich and I actually work at the same company, and he brought this to our company picnic/potluck last month. It was so simple, yet all the ingredients married beautifully into one sensational taste! This salad is great as is, with basic ingredients mostly everyone would have on hand; hence the title says it all "Off The Shelf Pasta Salad"...OR you could only be limited by your imagination...I can see pepperoni or salami, different cheeses, artichoke hearts, fresh mushrooms, basil or pesto. Thanks Bill-I'll be sure to use this when I have to make a fast salad that's tasty and simple!