Recipe by Sharon123
I adapted this delicious sandwich from Aaron McCarty who hosts Big Daddy's House on Food Network, and made a few changes to make it mine. I have given a recipe for seafood seasoning. Feel free to make your own or use storebought.
Top Review by breezermom
Fabulous fish! I'm afraid I filleted my own fish, so it was a bit thick. And with the cut baguette....lets just say I couldn't get my mouth around it. So I made mine an open-faced sandwich and enjoyed this soooo much! Made for Holiday tag game. Thanks for sharing!
- olive oil, for frying
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh flounder fillets (or other white fish)
- 3 tablespoons seafood seasoning, plus more for sprinkling (recipe below)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs (or regular breadcrumbs)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 large French baguette, cut into 4 servings (or use bread of choice or buns)
- 12 tomatoes, slices
- 8 romaine leaves, sliced thin (chiffonade)
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon hot relish (Amish or Indian)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves (or 1/4 tsp. dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fish sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- To make Remoulade:.
- Place all ingredients into a blend but the mayonnaise and pulse together for a minute. Pour into bowl and add mayonnaise. Mix together.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To make seafood seasoning:.
- Mix all together in jar, stir. Keep in tightly covered container.
- To make fish sandwich:.
- Preheat oil in saute pan.
- Wash off fillets and pat dry with a towel. Lightly sprinkle with seafood seasoning on both sides.
- In 3 separate bowls, place flour mixed with 3 tablespoons seafood seasoning. panko and 3 beaten eggs.
- Dredge fillets into flour, egg and then panko. Add fish to oil and fry until golden brown, about 4 to 6 minutes. Remove to drain on paper towels.
- Spread remoulade sauce on both sides of toasted bread.
- Layer some romaine on the bottom, then top with fish, sliced tomato, red onion and a little more romaine on top. Add top portion of bread to make a sandwich. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.