- 1 whole chicken (2- 1/2 to 3 lb)
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup water
- 2 onions (peeled)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Rinse the chicken inside and out under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan. Cut lemon in half and rub one half over surface of chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix spices together and sprinkle over chicken. Squeeze juice from remaining lemon half and from 1 of the oranges into roasting pan and add water.
- Place remaining orange, whole and unpeeled, in chicken cavity.
- Cut onions in half and add to pan.
- Cook chicken for 15 minutes, then baste with the pan juices and lower heat to 350 degrees F.
- Cook for 1 hour more, basting after 30 minutes.
- Remove orange from cavity of chicken. Cut orange and onions into small pieces and serve with chicken.
- Serve with rice or pasta.