Recipe by Lori 13
OH MY GOD! These are sooooo rich and buttery. Not for the weak of heart (litterally)! I gave them 10 stars! NEVER have done THAT before...
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 4 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup cognac (or brandy)
- 1 lb butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs crabmeat (picked over, shredded)
- 18 eggs (beaten)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a saucepan until foamy.
- Add flour, salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth.
- Stir in milk and cream. Simmer until thickened.
- Stir in cognac. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a skillet.
- Add crab. Sweat over low heat fo 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the eggs in 8 heavily sprayed 4 inch ramekins.
- Steam until set (about 15 minutes).
- Run a knife around edges to remove. Invert 1 each onto 4 plates.
- Top with crab mix, then second layer of egg.
- Top with sauce.