Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Perfect for an elegant Sunday brunch served with a hot, toasted baguette, this recipe comes from the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne
- grated orange rind
- Beat eggs until frothy.
- Blend in sherry and tomato sauce; add seasonings.
- Melt butter in frying pan and pour in the mixture.
- Cook slowly, stirring until eggs begin to set.
- Sprinkle with grated orange rind and serve at once.
Delightful recipe! What a difference the orange zest makes. I cut the recipe back to 2 eggs. Served with stuffed mushrooms & carmelized onions Mmmm
Very good eggs! The only change I made was instead of tomato sauce I used the juice from a can of tomatoes. Thanks for sharing!