Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Simple and easy...the best! From the Michigan Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Cooking time approximate.
- 1 quart large oyster
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 slices bread, toasted and buttered
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parsley sprig, for garnish
- Clean oysters and drain.
- Place in saucepan and cook until plump and edges begin to curl.
- Stir oysters with a fork while cooking to prevent sticking.
- Season with salt, pepper and butter.
- Place on buttered toast and garnish with parsley.